George Firican works as the Data Governance and BI Director for The University of British Columbia. He is also the Founder and Content creator for LightsOnData consulting, an e-Learning platform that provides data professionals with a better understanding of data governance, data management, and data storytelling.
In this episode, George discusses how he appeals to a 'non-technical' audience and how he shifted from being a data quality instructor to a leader in the data governance space.
- LightsOnData website and data courses: https://www.lightsondata.com
- LightsOnData YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/lightsondata?sub_confirmation=1
- Lights On Data Show: https://www.lightsondata.com/lights-on-data-show/
IDP15 is the code your audience can use to benefit from a 15% discount on any of the following courses, plus my upcoming 2 courses on Practical Data Governance:
- Data Governance Maturity Models: https://www.lightsondata.com/data-governance-maturity-model/
- Data Visualization Best Practices for Data Storytelling: https://www.lightsondata.com/data-visualization-for-data-storytelling-course/
- Creating an Award-Winning Business Glossary: https://www.lightsondata.com/business-glossary/
Connect with our host Arvind Murali, Data Chief Strategist at Perficient
Learn more about Perficient's Data + Intelligence expertise
Brought to you by Perficient, Inc. of Intelligent Data